IPL Laser Hair Removal
Pain Free Laser Hair Removal
So, if your unwanted facial hair is affecting your self-confidence, in-growing hairs are causing you discomfort, or you desire long-lasting hair removal, Dew Aesthetics has the expertise, care and technology to look after your needs.
What is IPL Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal or ‘IPL’ (Intense Pulse Light) has rapidly become the most effective, well-established method for treating unwanted or excessive hair.
At Dew Aesthetics, we have chosen the industry-leading NRG ICE laser system – the only IPL permanent hair reduction system on the market that works on all hair and skin colours. The built in ICE cold system ensures pain-free, speedy results with little or no regrowth following your course of treatments.
On meeting Emma for the first time, we will ask you to complete a medical questionnaire and discuss what you would really like to achieve from your treatment with us.
- The laser applicator is placed on the skin and a short pulse of light is released, which targets many follicles simultaneously. The laser produces a ray of high intensity light which gives off heat energy, heating the melanin (the pigment in the hair follicle) and destroying the hair follicle without damaging the surrounding cell, preventing any further hair grown.
- The applicator is then moved to the neighbouring area of the skin and the process is repeated until the entire area is covered. For IPL treatments, a thin layer of gel is applied to the skin to help guide the light.
- Hair has a three stage life cycle, starting with the growth stage, and only hairs that are in the growth stage will be destroyed by the laser.
- Results vary depending on the part of the body and the skin and hair colour being treated – that’s why at Dew Aesthetics all our clients benefit from an individually tailored treatment programme.
- Our client satisfaction rate is unmatched amongst our broad community of male and female clients of Caucasian, Asian and Afro-Caribbean skin tones.
- We recommend a course of 3-6 treatments, a month apart, in order to maximise results.
Fantastic Hair Removal Results
These are some of the before and after images of REAL clients after just one treatment. These images can give clients an idea of the result they can expect with IPL hair removal treatments.
On average, clients can expect up to a 30% reduction in hair growth after each session.
Your Questions About IPL Laser Hair Removal Answered
If you are an adult over the age of 18, the answer is usually a resounding YES! Results vary depending on the part of the body and the skin and hair colour being treated – that’s why at Dew Aesthetics all our clients benefit from an individually tailored treatment programme.
Our client satisfaction rate is unmatched amongst our broad community of male and female clients of Caucasian, Asian and Afro-Caribbean skin tones.
Generally no, people describe the feeling as a ‘zap’ or ‘ping’ like an eleastic band, but due to the cooled head system, there is little or no pain felt.
Hair appears to still be growing, but are in fact detached from the follicle, gentle exfoliation removes these, and there is no future hair growth from these follicles* (*apart from clients experiencing hormone conditions)’.
The skin may be red immediately after treatment and the hair follicles may be swollen and raised but this usually subsides within a few hours. Adverse reactions are rare but may include temporary lightening or darkening of the skin.
Only hair that is actively growing is affected, therefore a course of treatments are needed depending on the area being treated and until a good result is seen.
We recommend a course of 3-6 treatments, a month apart, in order to maximise results.
Treatments can take as little as 10 minutes and up to 1 hour, depending upon the size of area being treated.